Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 1 of the MTC

From the image above, you can see that my little brother Brett has been ready to serve the Lord since he was a wee babe. Now he has been set apart to be a missionary to serve the people of Tampico, Mexico in the spanish language.
I think his MTC Preparation Day is Saturday because I received his email right before the morning session of LDS General Conference. To see the highlights of Conference, check out that link!


Mom has this countdown.... I can't say I'm a fan.
But just so you know, family feels the time go by like an eternity. His friends and neighbors feel like two years go by in a blink! 





Here's his overview of his first few days in the Missionary Training Center:

Hey I was accidentally placed into the beginner class when I got here!! SO my PO Box is NOT 218 it is now 209!! Please and thank you!!! My companion is Elder Moreno and I and he were called as the zone leaders! There are seven Elders and eight Sisters. We have a trio obviously, but it was new. Oour classroom is so full!! Our teachers are fantastic! Hermana Casares and Hermano Wilkes are very good at what they do (the teachers). My Branch Presidency is fantastic and really appreciate them. So far all of the Elders in our district are very obedient and this I love because of the blessings we have all received the closeness we have as a District and the opportunities we have to better ourselves here so that we may become even better in the Field. Let everyone know that the only way I will write them is if they write me first, not for selfish reasons, but because I have no addresses or emails memorized except my own!!! General Conference is going to be so AMAZING!!!! I am so excited to hear from our Beloved Prophet President Thomas S. Monson!!!!!!!!!!! OOH something really cool is that Elder Martinez is from Puerto Rico and he didn´t have the chance to get endowed before he came. He is in the Trio so they were all able to go to the temple yesterday afternoon! Of all the missionaries in my district I am the only one going foreign from here! Everyone else is going stateside. Some are going to New York, others to Florida, some to Idaho, and many are staying here in Provo. My companion is going to Ogden! He was born in Mexico, was raised in Georgia (the state), and has been in Orem for that past two years! I think it´s safe to say that he was very surprised that he would be serving in Ogden. Any way I don´t have much time left so I need to finish up here. Let everyone know that I love them and that I love the Savior! They only way I have been able to function so far is due to the companionship of the spirit and a very fine and patient companion here. I really do love this gospel and I cannot wait until I am able to preach with extreme confidence in Spanish!! I know that the only way I will progress is when I do my part and I have been doing my best to be meeting the ends in which the Lord can take over. ENJOY CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps My companion is sick and so we needed to leave the MTC and go get some medicine for him and when we did that after dinner yesterday I saw Brother Wald (one of the previous teachers I had for Mission Prep) and he was very happy and excited to see me! Haha it was pretty cool!!! I have been able to see many of the Elders and Sisters that I know here and it has been great to see them before they head out and see their progression in language and such!


Isn't he the best? Zone leader?! I'm not surprised except I remember my time in the MTC and I'd really like to hear how this came about to be a newbie zone leader...
Well, I'll keep you up to date as I get his emails and updates. Huge thanks go out to everyone for your prayers and support in his behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment