Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 2 of the MTC


So Elder Gonzalez sent this Friday, April 12, on his P-day very excited to be heading out the mission field. Saturday, April 13, Mom and Dad Gonzalez got a phone nice and early in the morning (7:30am) saying that the 'mission' isn't ready so he'll be staying in the MTC ONE MORE WEEK.....I'm sure he's a little bummed but one week won't hurt him. Maybe the food will ;)


Hello!!!
     I leave for Mexico on Monday the 15th at 3:00 AM!!! AHHHH All by my lonesome!! Well I'm the only one that will be going to Tampico....All the other Elders are going to Mexico City, East and Northwest missions. Which reminds me, the other day (Tuesday) I went to the Consulate with these same missionaries. I had heard about the trip about five minutes AFTER I was supposed to be on the bus. They waited for me but I was booking it to the travel office, and my classroom is all the way on the other side of the campus (it's not really that far)! I grabbed my ticket and ran to the bus as well. Little did I know that the Elders, seeing me in my frantic rush, decided that they were going to pretend like I was in the wrong place!! Haha, I went onto the bus and they asked me where I was going. I said Mexico and they said "oh, we're going to New Zealand......" as my head hung down in UTTER disappointment, they all shouted out "NAAAAAAAHHHHH!" Those punks. Haha It was good though, There were some fine Elders in that group! We got back to the MTC just in time to get there for the devotional for Gerald N. Lund, it was pretty fantastic. On Sunday After conference the devotional was held for Vocal Point and that was really cool!!!
 
     I love you all and I know that this church is true! I have been teaching "investigators," all in spanish, and I am getting better every time. My companion is very patient with me and all the elders help me with my spanish when I need it, which is a lot! When we bring the spirit into our lives it makes them so much better, when we remember our purpose it makes life much more bearable, and when we remember who we are we love one another with a closer knowledge of how our Heavenly Father loves each of us.
     I went to the temple this morning and it was GREAT! I really needed it, because even though we have have absolutely fantastic companionship inventory and great meetings and such as a district, we all needed to feel the peace of the temple!!
    I love the Lord and He has strengthened me so much!! I am definitely getting better speaking spanish and my companions and teachers help me SO much! This Gospel is TRUE and I am going to work as hard as I can to let every ear hear the call of repentance from the Lord, whom I represent. Until my preparation day in MEXICO!!! LOVE! -Elder Gonzalez


He's a cutie and one more week gives us a chance to make sure he's totally ready. And to send him treats via same-day delivery. He's got cinnamon rolls on his way to him tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment