Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Conferencia General

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2013/10?cid=HPFR100413105&lang=eng
   
  To answer the question. I spent all of Saturday and the majority of Sunday in the stake center for conference. It was great, we had our English tv in the high council room. I loved every single talk and they are not light topics all our leaders are getting down on what we need to do. These are the last days and the Lord is hastening His work. We need to get into gear as members of the church. 
     This week we have had some very interesting experiences. Blessing a baby for health in an interesting situation. We had her parents as two new investigators, we have a new investigator with a baptismal date!  Things are gping well, but can always be better! We are working hard as always with the members and trying to get more to come with us on our visits. I have seen the way that not reading the scriptures and not going to church affects the members of a part active family and part member families. It would be tough and I will ever be grateful for my family and my parents and my grandparents who have followed the promptings and allowed me to be here by there choices and guidance. 
     This week we had an interesting experience with an inactive member. He has been avoiding and rejecting any and all members of the church and even told the Bishop to 'bug off.' The day we went, he let us in and awhile we were talking, he mentioned that the only reason he let us in to talk to him was that he had a dream that he saw our faces and was talking with us. He has deep doubts that have basic answers and they are a broad spectrum of needed testimoy and scriptural refences on our part. I enjoyed the talk although at times I felt that maybe the man was evil, but he has only had evil influences. I could feel the adversary attempting to enter the room, trying at our hearts. But the Lord is more powerful and he loves us His children. He can always liberate us. 
     I am still having De'Ja'vu ( I don't remember where the ' goes) and it is great to me it is testimony that I am in the right place at the right time and that I am following the directions and whisperings of the Spirit. There are oft times that it is very difficult to feel that way. 
     On Tuesday I went on splits with my District leader Elder Chesnut, he's from Bluffdale. We were in his area and had some good experiences =) 
     I think that's everything, If I missed anything, well you won't know what it is....=) Love you!!!!

Elder Gonzalez
     -Warrior for the Lord-
Helaman 5:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment