Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Transfers!!!

     So I got transferred again, It threw me off a little, didn't think that would happen. I am still in the same Zone, and actually still in the same District....Just a different ward. Barrio Ampliación. It is the rich area of the zone, and has a lot of work as well, I am very satisfied with the way I left my other area. 
     This last transfer, we had 23 new investigators 20 of which we are still teaching, the other three turned out not to be in our area =S. We had success in different ways, learning from each other, sharing, growing, and teaching. I have learned more control over myself and my thoughts and my actions. My focus is more clear and in the right place. My heart as well. Each day as I strive to meet with the standards of God, I find that only He and His son can truly bring me closer. 
     I left my planner in the house and I don't remember much right now. I hope this next part isn't the only thing you remember from my email. I woke up today with a fever of 101.3, a sore throat, and aches and pains in my muscles and joints. It has passed throughout the day and there is no reason to worry, I consulted with Hermana Jordan and she advised me on how to take care of it. The fever started last night while working like normal but I hadn't recognized it. I had a headache as well, it was so weird. The best part really about it all was how I was able to continue, to feel perfectly fine as I taught and was in the homes of the investigators whom we taught. The Lord sends angels to care for us.
    Yesterday we had stake conference, the counselor of President Jordan spoke, a future missionary, the Temple president and his wife, powerful talk, and the stake president. It was all very edifying and we are really taking it home with the Work of Salvation, It is exploding and getting to the hearts of many members. 
     All that we do as missionaries really isn't enough. 
   I love you all. I hope you have a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment