Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It finally feels like fall!

November 11, 2013
So if you didn't know autumn is my favorite season. The temperature, the wind, the colors. Well we don't have all of that here, but it's close. It's cooler temperature and it really helps, but there is rain....poopy. Oh well! 
     I have really learned in these past months to now that numbers help us view progress,  but really aren't perfect to view work, there aren't key indicators for everything. We have been exhausted with inspired visits and lessons, blessings (you can feel the strength leave you), be we receive all the blessings in the Lord's time and ways. We have been able to still continue on without too much difficulty. 
     We had a great activity that tons of people showed up to! A day as a missionary, where they went in groups or companionships and made visits to the less-actives! We had successful visits and the next day was ward conference and we saw tons of people that haven't been to church in a long time. 
     My biggest struggles as of late have been our investigators, but with the Lord and following His guidance, we have had more successful visits with them. One a 70 year old man who has been a part of a few different religions....it has been hard for him to part with some ideas, but the scriptures back everything up. He has tons of questions and really likes to talk. This last visit we were able to start with a hymn and it changed the way everything worked, it was so fantastic!!! We were able to teach and testify and get everything out, answering questions and he prayed!! 
     The other one is a nine year old girl, she honestly talks a lot, but when we are trying to teach.....nothing. it is so hard, but with some new ways of working and gaining her confidence is helping her open up and understand as well. Her mother is less-active and it hurts her progress, but we are hoping to see all of them in church again next week. 
      Every week there is something I find that I can do better. I have seen the changes the Lord has made in me as a teacher and as a student, as a leader and how I follow. But I can always be better.
     We had the chance to eat with the Patriarch this week and he spoke to me and it was crazy, obviously they have the same, one-and-only, source of all truth and knowledge, but he reaffirmed things that are in my patriarchal blessing and spoke of more, that I later wrote down. That was pretty cool and he is a very awesome man. 
      Well I truly appreciate your love and concern. No need to worry though, I am growing as a person and have found that I make all the difference in my attitude and how I take things and that although there are real problems that real people go through, those are not my challenges at this time. =) I have an assurity that I will be protected as I follow God's laws. 
     I love you all!!!! BESOS ABRAZOS!!!

Elder Gonzalez
     -Warrior for the Lord-
Manual 2 Chapters 4&5

No comments:

Post a Comment