Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Monday, September 30, 2013

A lot of love

   I really do just love all of you. This week was a crazy one =) haha I can barely think of how it all fit in one week!! It was a plethora of experiences that I will never forget from the power or lack thereof that was felt in each moment. 
     I would like to first ask you to thank Sister Bridget Fielding for her letter as well as her CTR-4 class, I appreciated it =) AND while you're at it, I don't remember if I asked you to thank the Robinson's for their letter as well (a long while back). 
     We had some crazy and unreal experiences this week. I will not go into much detail, but when I mean crazy and unreal it's probably not so much in the way you're thinking. Tuesday we had a FHE for the ward, well it was ok, the point of having it was to try and have investigators and less actives invited by them, the members, and they were all up and ready saying they had someone, when not a single-one of them had someone....poop. But it was still good for those in attendance and Hermana Yola, mission leader's wife, made some awesome Zacahuile!! So good =) We have had some success in finding some new investigators, but the lessons are far in-between which isn't so great for us... Elder Arcela is helping me in a lot of different ways, that help me in the way I teach and to be able to help those we teach feel more confortable with us, in the way that they know we are there for them not for the lesson. 
     Friday to Saturday we had divisions (exchanges) where I was with Elder Olson. We were invited last minute, 20 minutes after it started, to a FHE in the home of a family where the were also celebrating a birthday. We gave the message. Well I gave the message and Elder Olsen helped a little =) he's doing better than I was when I got here. It was good, more people like me now because I talk more. Haha it's easier for me to smile and laugh because I can express myself more efficiently and with the right words. I trained in the morning! =) That was cool! I think I did well =) We had some good experiences in the lessons we had throughout the day. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY we, Elder Olsen and I, were saved from diarrhea =) haha 
     Sundays are always special, this one was no exception. 
     Well that is all I really have to say about this week, it was full of many things but much of it was little and to detailed, but no worries I have a journal. I love you all and please give Marvin a hug for me!! LOVE YOU!!!

-- 


Elder Gonzalez


     -Warrior for the Lord-
Matthew 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment