Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Transfers! August 5

Well I'm still here in Valles. But my companion is going to Mante, about two hours north of Valles, but he has to go all the way to Tampico and then to Mante because we don't travel alone and he was the only one from our zone going to Mante. My companion will be Elder Arcela from Peru. Only one Elder in my zone has met him/heard of him, he's newish as well, so this will be interesting. This past week was good, it went by really fast, and with the slight stress that came from the baptism and making sure everything went well, all is very relaxed. We have prospective investigators and they seem promising and show interest! As well as they are the references of Recent Converts they are members that we can take, or be in their houses so we can teach them! So great!! 
     The baptismal service was great. We had to move from the room with the font to the chapel because there were so many people, about 60. The talks went well and all that we had planned and also that was a surprise to us (surprise special number). For the service a sister who plays the piano came and she played which made things so much better!! Emmanuel's mom and older brother were present and supportive of his decision to be baptized. And they felt the spirit, but we'll see of they have gain the desire to know more in time. 
     The week went by very quickly and we need to find more people to teach, the thing is they are there, we just need to have actual contact with them! They are so close, but far as well, the only bad thing coming is school starting again. I never really thought of school as an obstacle, but here it is because we have the RCs that are still studying, their references too, as well we have investigators that are in school or are teachers, and that puts everyone at the same time available for visits and leaves us with virtually nothing in the start and majority of the day. We will find!!
      There are many amazing things that I have seen in these few months I have been in Valles and the real one for me is the change I have seen in myself. But I am more grateful for the change I have seen in others. I know that it is not me or my words that touches their hearts, but the truthfulness of the message and the Holy Spirit testifying to their hearts that they need this Gospel. I still struggle in being clear with the message. But there is a message in the Liahona that I know can and will help me. I have struggles with teaching in the form that the questions we as are more effective and allow them to truly learn. I will learn first =).
     This Sunday was fantastic with the testimonies. We had people at church that haven't been in years or really haven't shown interest, but were there to hear the testimonies (Reminds me a little of Brigham Young and his conversion). I know that they are always very special Sundays, but boy do they need support to know what a testimony really is and that they don't need to cry to be sincere. AHH I was so glad that all of our recent converts will be going to the Temple this month!! They go once a month on the last Saturday and with some we had been struggling to get them to want to go. But what has helped a lot is Family History! A lot!! So great. Any way that's all I have for right now, we'll have some adventures this next week. =) Love you all!! 

Elder Gonzalez 
   -Warrior for the Lord-
D&C 93:28

No comments:

Post a Comment