Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hey it's the sea!

     Much as you know I was not able to write on Monday. All the missionaries had the change and solely to be cautious. We had rain and that was it, but it was a lot of rain! 
     More in actual news, I'm Ampliación, barrio del Valle 2 =) a change of scenary and a new companion, His name is Elder Tuñon and he is from Panama, the only Panameño in the mission! New opportunities and more children of the Lord whom I can help come closer to Him. Those I left are in good hands and I know that with all they can do and all the support they have now, that they will be entering the waters of baptism here soon =) Haha, you never really think about the way people feel about you until you leave them. I am grateful to be loved by the people, but I know that it only comes from the fact that I am sharing light and truth with them and helping them to feel the love of our Father. His love is true and unending. 
     With it being a new 6 weeks I forgot my planner that has my notes from the past week...Well we have had success with a family , the majority of them, to go to church and to accept the lessons and to commit to read and pray to know for themselves of the truth and the path that they ought to take to come closer to the Lord. The rain has been fun and we have found more people at home because of it. All-in-all the week was a good one, we found someone to teach by offering to carry some things for her, she lives down the street from us too! She is young and has a little girl with her husband and we had planned to visit her Thursday =). with everything I feel and have felt the adversary and the hand of the Lord.

     AHHHH La Noche Mexicana SUD style =) that was great =) I have some pictures =) we could only stay for so long and they started late so we didn't get to see much, but it was a lot of fun!!! Many people say that I look like Emiliano Zapata.....you can tell me =)

Inline image 1

Elder Gonzalez
     -Warrior for the Lord-
Haggai 1:7

For those of you like me who have noooo idea who Emiliano Zapata is, this is a picture....

.....I'm going with NOT his look alike. 
Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment