Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

More of Christ, CHRIST-mas

December 30, 2013

First of all, forgive me for not remembering at the time of the call to wish my wonderful father a happy birthday! (cantando las maƱanitas) 
     This week was the longest week of my time here in the zone. 
Thank you for always taking us to Savior of the World or the Forgotten Carols. Being here and now and all that I have come to understand, helps me to appreciate these works of art and love, that demonstrate the True meaning of Chrismas. 
     Christmas here was the weirdest and all because it just didn't feel like Christmas, there aren't many decorations, and the people aren't the same here, the feeling isn't as infectious as it should. 
     All-in-all, it was a good experience and in certain aspects has helped me change and grow. Seeing as my choices arewhat matter to making things the way they should be. 
     There are struggles to live and mountains to climb, for myself and as a ward with activities that have no purpose and will not take place until they have the missionary purpose. =) haha oh the fun we have had with this subject. 
     We are receiving help and references from many memebers and there are more who are trusting us and inviting us into there home to help them become more capacitated in the work we are to continue as a church. We are constantly making foward motions and progress is important to document and update. 
    I am honestly struggling a little bit right now. It's hard and I need to change my attitude about some things and make the efforts to include all that has been assigned to us and to remember why it was given to us and by whom. There are moments like right now, where I feel completely apathetic, I feel nothing and have no excitement. But I know why it happens and from whom it comes. The adversary is always trying to tear us down, and we can not let him! Apathy, laziness, anger, lust, all that comes from him is evil and to be overcome; it is overcome by obedience, diligence, patience, love, charity, peace. I am constantly needing to remember Him, Our Savior, and all that we can to to become like Him. I have things that I need to get in my mind and make them stick, replace any bad with the good, the light, the perfection that emanates from His everlasting hands; the hands that, if we let them, will continually be picking us up and taking us higher, molding us into who we need to become. His perfectly loving hands. Pierced for us, pierced for me.
     I love you.

Elder Gonzalez
     -Warrior for the Lord-
2 Nephi 30:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment