Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

New

January 6, 2014

Yeah new years here is weird, maybe cooler maybe not, I don't know...but there are tons of fireworks and more of just noise!! Try staying asleep with that, I think not!  Any way, still with everyone out of town the week was a fairly good one. Still working on the preparations for the Sisters that will be sharing the ward with us. 
     With the new year and the new hour for church there were plenty of people at church yesterday, and it's weird to think that we really can have a better relationship with less active members than the active ones who have known them forever. With five minutes of talking we are already having them offer us help, when not ten minutes before they were making excuses to not have a home teaching assignment. Slowly but surely these things will change! New people, not too many to talk to, they all get bundled up and lazy me with my measly sweater thinking the the weather is great! Haha =) it's all good. 
     It feels really good to be helping future Elders prepare to enter the field and also just prepare them to prepare for a mission, them and their families. They look to us and we know it, so we have to be, not just good, but better if not best; in all aspects too.
     I am pretty sure all of the taxi drivers in Madero and Tampico have had contact with missionaries. And sad bunch of liars they are, giving us phony addresses....=( it feels rotten. And even those houses, if they exist, the people don't accept us.
     This week we had our zone meeting, and it really helped. One Elder, Elder Cutler W. said something that really helped me in context of street contacts, ''it´s not getting over your fear of talking to them, it's remembering and helping them to realize that what you have will change their live for the best,''  something like that, and I liked that, I realized that I think about myself too much and that's really my problem right now. The choices I make need to be for others. I have spent about three hours, these past two days, now focused on how to better understand and teach Endure to the end to everyone and I have been able to tear apart several scriptures to put them in perspective. They are amazing and I will never again think of enduring to the end the same way. I listen to the conference talks every other morning and find something new for me or for those we teach every time, I love it. Part of my patriarchal blessing mentions the importance of daily scripture study and so do many other resources I have found this week. I realized i haven't been truly studying, not the way I ought to have been all this time. Now I feel so strangely peaceful, so still. Clear minded. Focused. That's what it does for me, and I need it. I love Nefi and his love for clarity and the plainess of the scriptures, and now I understand it. 
     I can't think of anything more right now, but I love you all!!
 Suzette Happy birthday on Sunday!! Love you!

MAma-The Introducction to the pearl of great price in spanish uses the word Asequible =)

Elder Gonzalez 
     -Warrior for the Lord-
Mathew 10:22

No comments:

Post a Comment