Brett Gonzalez has been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico Tampico Mission. He entered the Provo MTC on April 3, 2013 and is expected to serve a period of 24 months. He is a beloved son, brother and friend and we are overwhelmed with joy to share him with the wonderful Mexican people.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Transfers

January 21, 2013

 So like I mentioned last week we had the possibility of transferring the both of us to put sisters in our area, four of them. Yeah that happened. We helped prepare the other house and that was stressful, along with leaving our house spotless. Making sure the area book was good and that our investigators would know we were leaving. It was a good area with good people, I will miss it dearly. Last week felt so long, I didn't sleep to much at the end for all that we had to do. President had told us Thursday that we would both be leaving and then Saturday let us know where we would be going. 
     I am now in El Mante, Tamaulipas with Elder Allsup from Herriman, Utah; we are in barrio Monterrey. His Spanish is so-so =) haha this will be fun. So far the area seems good and we have all the necessities and it will just take a little getting used to for a while.
     Elder Lima came here with me to another ward, barrio Morelos.
     We worked a lot and had some good times. 
     I never know what to say, especially right now. I can't remember what I was doing two days ago it is all a big jumble. I just remember cleaning and meetings with our ward mission leader, a capacitative meeting with a few of the ward council members (all were supposed to be there), and lessons. We walked a lot and did some street contacts, I'm getting better at it now. 
     Time is going by so quickly! I know you all have it counted, but I don't even think about it even though everyone always asks. The only reason the time matters for me, is if I'm wasting it. I have learned to love this time so much to learn how to use it better and better every day. Thinking about it now, all of the church commercials, ''family, isn't it about, time.'' What a great way to think about time, like the saying for many families, to spend these two years from my family, to give others the hope, the understanding, and to show them the way to be with their families for eternity. What an absolutely great use of time. THAT my family is what the work of salvation is, our examples ought to be that of going out of our way to help others come to know and remember this great use of time we have to learn and make the covenants with God, and the relationships with our families that will last for all eternities. 
     The fact that I am writing right now means nothing, just that we didn't have time yesterday. I always appreciate your messages when I get them. As of yet I have not gotten the Christmas package. These are the updates of my week. 
     I love you all. I know that I am changing into what my Heavenly Father needs me to become, I can feel His love oh so powerfully and His warm arms as He lifts me when I feel faint or am falling and will be eternally grateful for such truth in my life. 
     Until next week my dear family. I wish to hear from all of you. There are not many weeks where every single one of you has written. But I don't mind, I understand that you are too busy. 
Love

Elder Gonzalez
     -Warrior for the Lord-
Jacob 3:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment